What We Believe
Zola Levitt Ministries, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization guided by the standard of Romans 1:16 — “To the Jew first and also to the Gentile.”
We hold to a strictly literal and inerrant Bible interpretation, salvation through Christ alone, a soon pre-tribulation Rapture of all believers and the establishment of a thousand-year kingdom on Earth.
The evangelism of the unbelievers and the exhortation of the believers take precedence over all other activities of this ministry.
Read more about end-times prophecy events.
What We Do
Founded in 1979, we are principally a teaching and evangelistic association.
- Our national television program, Zola Levitt Presents, airs on nearly a hundred independent stations and teaches the Bible with an emphasis on Israel, prophecy, and the Jewish roots of Christianity.
- Our free monthly Levitt Letter newsletter users gives a concise Biblical perspective with updates on recent events in Israel. The Levitt Letter is mailed to more than 40,000 households and 9,400 online per month.
- Our Institute of Jewish-Christian Studies correspondence course teaches the Jewish roots of the Christian faith to more than 3,000 currently-enrolled students.
- Our online store carries a large number of teaching materials.
- We offer several tours each year to Israel, Greece and locations in the U.S.
- We offer speakers for churches, civic groups, university conferences and the like to speak on the subject of the Holy Land, End-times Prophecy, and general bible discussions.
Zola Levitt Ministries has sent hundreds of books to the Holy Land and planted thousands of trees throughout Israel.
Our policy is to protect our donors’ confidential information. We will not sell or trade a donor’s personal information to any other entity in existence without the written permission of the donor.
About David and Kirsten Hart
David and Kirsten Hart — the new studio co-hosts for Zola Levitt Presents — live in Branson, Missouri. David, originally from California, and Kirsten from New York each toured extensively with various ministries since the 1970s, but teamed up after marrying in 1990.
Besides both of them working with television ministries since the ’80s, David studied music at Azusa Pacific University (CA), served as lead vocalist for the Gospel group TRUTH (a song he recorded — “Jesus Never Fails” — landed the group in the Gospel Music Association’s Hall of Fame!), and as vocal director for The Voices of Liberty at Walt Disney World. Kirsten sang back up for Grammy-winner Larnelle Harris, the USO tour group Re-Creation, and The Spurrlows.
They have two adult sons. Tyler serves in the U.S. Army and married Kari in 2013. Ryan lives in Israel and works as a video production specialist with the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem.
David currently leads worship for a local church, and Kirsten speaks to women’s conferences and retreats across the country. They particularly enjoy leading music for Holy Land tours and believe that singing about Yeshua in His land is life changing.
With their background of leading music in local churches and traveling for ministry, they are excited about their journey with Zola Levitt Ministries.
About Myles & Katharine Weiss
An Inspiring Story
Myles and Katharine entered into partnership with ZLM in 2011 just as production began on the Ruth: Your People Shall Be My People TV series. In a twist that only God could provide, Ruth’s story is the Weisses’ story (gentile leads Jew to redemption). They had even based their marriage seminar on the Book of Ruth. They know it well.
Myles is a native of NYC, where he attended Hebrew school until his Bar Mitzvah. He received dual Bachelor of Arts degrees in Ministerial Arts and Biblical Counseling from Christian Life International Bible College in Novato, California, and his Master of Arts from Azusa Pacific University near Los Angeles. He is ordained with the Evangelical Church Alliance.
Katharine, a native California Catholic, was born again during her college years. A gentile, she pointed Myles to his Messiah in 1984.
Together they lead Beth Shalom a Messianic congregation and carry the Gospel of Jesus wherever they are led, including to Israel and into churches, where they help connect Jews to their Jewish Messiah and Christians to the Jewishness of their faith. They have been accompanied on this journey by their two sons who traveled the world with Mom and Dad and the Gospel, and who are now in college.
Zola Levitt was the most beloved and well-known Messianic Jewish Bible teacher and Middle East commentator of his day. He was a Jewish Christian thoroughly educated in the synagogues and brought to the Messiah in 1971. He held music degrees from Duquesne University and Indiana University (doctoral coursework completed), and an Honorary Th.D. from Faith Bible College. He played the oboe, English horn, recorder, and piano.
He is best known for hosting the weekly national television program Zola Levitt Presents. He formerly hosted two top-rated radio talk shows — The Heart of the Matter in Dallas, and the nationally syndicated Zola Levitt Live.
Zola was a widely published author with more than 50 books in several languages, and the composer of some 200 spiritual songs, personally performed on most of his albums.
Zola lectured and hosted on more than 100 tours to Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, the areas of the seven churches, Mediterranean islands, European capitals, etc. He taught a course on “Christ in the Old Testament” at Dallas Baptist University and gave seminars at other education institutions.
Zola Levitt, founder and patriarch of Zola Levitt Ministries, died peacefully on April 19, 2006 at his home in Dallas, Texas, following a courageous two-month battle with lung cancer. He was 67 years old.
Those he left behind mourn his passing but celebrate his “promotion the Head Office.” They include his beloved wife Sandra; a son Mark, who takes the lead in administrating this ever-expanding worldwide ministry; a son Aaron, who participates behind the scenes, helping with writing, editing, and more; and a stepson Will. With Ken Berg—Zola’s faithful producer of 28 years—and a dedicated staff of professionals, the Levitt legacy continues, as it will until the Second Coming of our Lord.
About Todd Baker
Dr. Todd Baker is president of B’rit Hadashah Ministries since 2001.
With his extensive background in Jewish Evangelism, Todd has led many Gospel outreaches to Israel since 2001. A former tour guide, Todd founded and leads ZLM’s To The Jew First Gospel Outreach to Israel.
Todd received a Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies from Lee University in 1992, a Master of Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary in 1997, and a Ph.D. in Philosophy/Apologetics from Trinity Seminary under the auspices of Liverpool University, Liverpool, England, in 2006.
Todd has pastored Shalom, Shalom Messianic Congregation—which he started with Zola Levitt—in Dallas, Texas since 1999. He devotedly served as a chaplain at Medical City Hospital, one of the largest hospitals in Dallas, Texas, from 1994 to 2009.
Dr. Baker is an author of several books including Messengers of Messiah: Witnessing Encounters With the Chosen People, a speaker, and a teacher who has been interviewed on radio and television. He is currently a theological consultant for Zola Levitt Ministries.
About Jeffrey Seif
Dr. Jeff Seif succeeded Zola at the teaching helm of Zola Levitt Ministries and as the ministry’s principal spokesperson. He continued teaching the ZLM message on television, writing books and articles, and ministering in churches across America. Jeff and Zola co-created our correspondence course, The Institute of Jewish-Christian Studies.
Jeff received a master’s degree and doctorate from Southern Methodist University in Dallas; he taught over 400 students each semester in Bible colleges and pastored at least four churches over a span of twenty years.
- Mark Levitt — Secretary/Treasurer, Executive Director
- Cynthia Smith — Bookkeeper
- Jane Derrick — Office Manager
- Debbie Crane — Shipping Manager
- Sandra Luttrell — Travel Manager
- Ken Berg (Berg Productions) — Television Producer
- Clayton Herring (Berg Productions) — TV Air Time Syndicator
Board of Trustees
- Mr. David Hitt, Chairman, Richardson, TX
- David Hitt is an attorney practicing in the Dallas area. He has served on the Zola Levitt Ministries board as its chairman since 2007, and he believes that Zola Levitt Ministries’ support of Israel is essential in a time when the whole world seems to have turned against her. David holds degrees in accounting, physics, and law. He is a voting, independent, volunteer board member who will remain active through at least January 2018.
- Mr. Mark Levitt, Secretary/Treasurer/Director, Dallas, TX
- In 1988, Mark became the ministry’s executive director. He has a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Texas at Austin and a variety of sales and marketing experience. His compensation has been calculated on cost-of-living-adjustments which he has declined since 2007. Mark is a voting, volunteer board member who will remain active through at least January 2018.
- Mr. Donald Parker, Audit Committee, San Tan Valley, AZ
- Don has led a twenty-four year career in sales, marketing, and management. As a semi-retired investor, he volunteers his efforts to coordinates assistance programs for senior citizens on fixed and limited incomes. He also assists ZLM with liquidating gifts in kind. Don is a voting, independent, volunteer board member who will remain active through at least January 2018.
- Major Henry R. Salmans, III; Director, Audit Committee; Lenexa, KS
- Henry R. Salmans III (“Hank”) is a retired Marine Major who served his country for 22 years. Hank has executive leadership experience in a variety of for-profit, nonprofit, and military contexts. He presently works as a defense contractor for a Fortune 500 company in Kansas City. Hank is a voting, independent, volunteer board member who will remain active with the ministry’s board through at least January 2018.
- Mr. H. J. (“Jay”) Ledbetter J. D., Director, Centennial, CO
- Jay has been active in the ministry since the 1980s. He was an early financial contributor, and soon joined the ministry, where he served as General Counsel. He helped Zola develop his writings and directed the ministry’s Israel tours. Jay is a Vietnam-era veteran, and served as an infantry officer overseas during Desert Storm. He has assisted Mark Levitt over the years with the ministry’s legal and business issues. Jay has authored a couple of books on Passover, and conducts annual Christ-in-the-Passover celebrations. He has an active law practice in Denver, Colorado. Jay is a voting, independent, volunteer board member who will remain active with the ministry’s board through at least January 2018.
- Mr. Mark Nelson, Director, Dallas, Texas
- Mark Nelson is the son of Pastor Ted Nelson, a friend and founding board member of Zola Levitt Ministries, who served from 1979–2008. Mark shares the same beliefs and passions for Christ as Zola Levitt Ministries. While an active member of his church, Mark works for the return of the church to its biblical authority and Jewish heritage. He has a business background in corporate sales, management, commercial real estate, and strategic consulting, serving both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Mark is a voting, independent, volunteer board member who will remain active with the ministry’s board through at least January 2018.
- 2003 IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
- 2014 Audit
- 2014 Form 990 Tax Return
- 2015 Audit
- 2016 Form 990 Tax Return
- 2016 Audit
- 2016 Form 990 Tax Return