By Shirley Ortega Beamer (a 60 year-old Hispanic woman from Colorado), www.WorldNetDaily.com
Let me give you six biblical reasons for opposing the legalization of illegal aliens:
1. Greed & Envy: Illegal aliens are pouring into the United States because they ”covet thy neighbor’s goods” God’s 10th Commandment (Ex. 20 and Deut. 5)
Mexicans constitute about 90 percent of the illegal aliens in question. They certainly are not aliens escaping a leftist regime, starvation, political annihilation, or religious persecution. They just want what we have without earning it. They are thieves and lawbreakers who think they are ”entitled” to live like Americans without being Americans.
On the same scale, American businesses are advocating this invasion. These businessmen are greedy vultures willing to eat this country alive just to line their pockets regardless of the long-term consequences to this nation.
2. The United States is a sovereign nation: God Almighty owns all of the land; yet, He recognized the sovereignty of nations and determined where He wanted each of us to be born. The Bible says, ”And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings.” (Acts 17:26)
The United States has laws in place to deny or permit entrance to whomever it pleases. It has the right to physically enforce or bar entry to any invaders to this country. Unfortunately, we have a president and congress who are kowtowing to foreign governments like Mexico’s for their own perverted interests in building a One World Order. Our government officials and illegal aliens are both guilty of lawlessness and God says, ”He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord.” (Proverbs 17:15)
3. They are an economic drain: Illegal aliens are a financial drain on this country. They strain our hospitals, welfare system, schools, tax-paid housing, school lunch programs, and jails. Illegal aliens from third-world countries are the major source for the growing infestation of bedbugs and the return of such diseases as tuberculosis and leprosy previously thought eradicated in our country. Few illegals pay taxes or file returns except to get money back through the Earned Income Credit Act even though they haven’t paid a dime into the system. Being a freeloader is wrong, for the Bible says, ”For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.” (2 Thess. 3:10)
4. They are a barrier to God’s blessings on this country: The U. S. was formed as a Christian nation and, until recently, staunchly supported Israel. The result was God’s uncommon favor and blessings upon America. We were living testimony of the truth of God’s promise to Abram saying, ”I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Gen. 12:3) When illegal aliens come here, they bring their religions with them. Some of those do not support Israel.
5. Illegal aliens are rebellious: They thumb their noses at our laws, ordinances, and regulations. Consider the vast number of illegal aliens who drive unabashedly without driver’s licenses, car insurance, license plates, and who dont even know the rules of the road. They violate local ordinances by renting apartments or houses and sharing them with multiple families. They blatantly use our facilities without paying for them because they don’t want to or have to. God said, ”For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.” 1 Samuel 15:23.
6. Mexicans are not the ”New Israel and the U. S. is not their Promised Land”: Church and sympathizers use the analogy that these aliens are like Ruth of the Bible. Ruth was a blessing to Israel; however, these illegal aliens are not a blessing to this country. Ruth was an immigrant who adopted the ways and laws of her new people instead of trying to make that nation like Moab ”your people shall be my people and your God my God.” (Ruth 1:16)
Americans are repeatedly told that illegals do the jobs that Americans won’t do. What a lie! Politically correct governments and businesses hire illegal aliens instead of Americans for various jobs, including city, county, state, and federal jobs. These ”good folk” simply accept a TIN number instead of a Social Security number and don’t bother to check them out before hiring them.
If illegal aliens want to become Americans, let them go to the back of the line and follow the right procedures for entry. Let them learn the language and make a personal commitment to leave their old country behind them instead of trying to make this country an extension of theirs. As God said, ”And when a stranger dwells with you and wants to keep the Passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as a native of the land. For no uncircumcised person shall eat it.” (Exodus 12:48) This Scripture can be symbolically translated to say, he who wants to be an American needs to follow the laws and customs of the land!